Monday, January 6, 2014

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

The holiday celebrations last year  was very different from what I am used to. My mom, step dad and little brother went to spend the holidays in The Philippines, leaving my big brother, little sister and myself at home in Norway. We are old enough to take care of ourselves of course, but it is so weird not to spend Christmas Eve and New Years Eve at my moms house like we've done every year until now. Well, last year is an exception because my father got very sick and I stayed with him in the hospital on Christmas, and then I got sick on New Years Eve. Not cool.



Christmas was celebrated in the cabin with Ravens parents, his brother and my brother. That is where Raven is used to spending his Christmas Holiday. It is nice to be included in their holiday traditions, which are very different from ours. Simpler. My mom puts up decorations, lights and the three very early in December, but Ravens parents decorates the day before Christmas Eve.



New Years Eve we celebrated with my cousin and her family. We used to celebrate together when we where younger, but now that she has her own family we have spent holidays apart the last few years. It was lots of fun to get to celebrate with them! We also had the beautiful doberman, Abby, with us during the whole vacation so she got to meet my cousins dog on NYE. She is such a diva, but eventually they went along just fine. So I guess that was my holiday update. Today was back to school, back to reality.

Hope you had a great start to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your mark or you were never here.